Exivel

PvM Suggestions

Exivel    36

Image result for phoenix rs

Phoenix
The Phoenix herself has a combat level of 84 and high Defence. She attacks purely with Magic and can hit up to 350. She would be located either in the wilderness in a multizone, or in the phoenix lair, which would be added to boss teleports. She would be fairly easy to kill, but would have a lot of hp. She could be made a bit stronger depending on how everyone sees it.

Drops

100% chance:
phoenix quill (Stackable, sold for 200k in the general store)

Infernal ashes (1-3)

Regular drops

Pure essence noted (80-130)
Dragon bones (3)
phoenix feathers (5)

Coal noted (20-47)
Gold charm - (2)
Green charm - (2)
Magic logs noted - (7-16)
Rune dagger
Sharks (2)
Coins (2.354 - 30.584)

Uncommon drops
Rune Kiteshield
Rune chainbody
Loop of half key
tooth of half key
Uncut dragonstone
Adamant ore noted (1-7)
Lantadyme seed
Ranarr Seed
Teak plank noted (10-55)
Muddy Key

Rare drops
Uncut Onyx
Shield left half
Dragon med helm
Torstol seed (2)
Magic seed
Vecna skull (Sold for 4m in the general store?)
Dragon spear
Ring of forging *

*This would be the rarest drop of the boss. The ring would act as unlimited coal. this would add more bars into the economy and allow us to actually train smithing. (Suggested by King Fluffy)

She would be a slayer task, given by death.

Drop table revamp
There are currently some bosses that are death content due to them not dropping anything worthwhile. 

• King black dragon
  • Chaos elemental
  • Giant mole
  • Wildywyrm
  • Kalphite queen

My suggestion would be to add some stuff to the drop table from these bosses, so they're worth killing.

King black dragon changes:

Visage is too rare at the moment (1/685). Steel dragon rate is 1/522 at the moment, Mithril dragon 1/264
Dragon boots are too rare (1/411)
Add ornament kits to his drop table, which would be sold for a couple of mill to the general store. (Or used of course)

Chaos elemental
Since this boss is in the wild, the drop table should be better then most bosses.
Add pvp boxes to his drop table, as well as some other stuff, maybe a fury?

Giant mole

The mole shouldn't dig to get away from you, I find it very annoying, remove that feature and add some hp to compensate for it.
The mole skins and hides are currently useless. make them sellable in the general store for 50-100k each.
Add some more seeds and herbs into it, this could be a good boss for ironman, as well as some rune drops.

Wildywyrm
Concept is very good. but he should be made stronger.
It should drop pvp boxes, The drop rate for a fury, ancient mace and berserker necklace are way too hard and should be made alot easier to obtain considering the wyrms doesn't spawn quickly and takes a while to search. Some seed drops, noted bars and ores would fit him pretty good as well.

Kalphite Queen
Just as the others, this one needs a rare drop specific to the boss, i'm not sure what this would be, but i'm sure someone will find something for it.

In general, all these bosses need to be worth doing again by adding some new stuff that can be alched for a higher price, or by adding some more rare drops to them.

Edited by Exivel
  • Like 2

iPrometheus    17

I agree with these changes. Changing drop tables and adding new monsters will bring longevity to this server. +1

• Thanks 1

Lena    35

Vecna skull is actually pretty useful - in thought that it can raise your magic level by 2-11 for an amount of time, depends on your level. So basicly it works as an imbued heart on osrs. So if I would get a Vecna skull from the Phoenix, I wouldn't sold it in the general store but sold it to other players for a fair price - maybe around 25-30m. 

I would also like to see Nomad as a boss on Fury. Other than that, the ideas are great. The KBD and the Giant mole needs a drop table revamp, but also KQ as it doesn't drop anything good. :)

• Confused 1

Exivel    36
39 minutes ago, Lena said:

Vecna skull is actually pretty useful - in thought that it can raise your magic level by 2-11 for an amount of time, depends on your level. So basicly it works as an imbued heart on osrs. So if I would get a Vecna skull from the Phoenix, I wouldn't sold it in the general store but sold it to other players for a fair price - maybe around 25-30m. 

I would also like to see Nomad as a boss on Fury. Other than that, the ideas are great. The KBD and the Giant mole needs a drop table revamp, but also KQ as it doesn't drop anything good. :)

The effect could be added, I'm aware it has that effect but I didn't think it would be used often hence why I didn't include it in, it would just be an item where it's main purpose would be to act as an item to sell for gp. the effect could be added ofcourse, but that depends on fury.

I didn't check the kalphite queen, I might add it in tomorrow.

Nomad is a great boss that could be added as well, I might look into that. ^_^

• Haha 1

Symbiotic    81

i also agree with basically all of this. i would also like to see Nomad added into the game. And i also think we should add KBD and other bosses onto boss tele tab.

• Haha 1

phanny phart    10

YES! I would like to see something else obtained by phoenix, like a chance of received 2-3 noted muddy keys/crystal keys. Ring of fire/flame gloves. & possibly introduce a new way to obtain gold mining outfit through phoenix, which could be a nice touch as a reward for grinding this boss. - ill reedit this when I get home into more detail :)

• Like 1

Lena    35
1 hour ago, phanny phart said:

YES! I would like to see something else obtained by phoenix, like a chance of received 2-3 noted muddy keys/crystal keys. Ring of fire/flame gloves. & possibly introduce a new way to obtain gold mining outfit through phoenix, which could be a nice touch as a reward for grinding this boss. - ill reedit this when I get home into more detail :)

I disagree with adding the gold mining outfit as a drop. We got the shooting star and a potential cosmetic box from the vote store which could include the set. Imo the outfit don't fit as a pvm drop. The ring and the gloves could be something to get as a drop from the Phoenix, so I support that. 

Exivel    36

Thanks for all the great feedback so far!

Couple of changes

• Kalphite queen was added.
  • Ring of forging was added to the phoenix
  • Muddy key was added to the phoenix

Ryann    8

The phoenix boss is a great suggestion. I think the level should be a little higher as it's a boss monster, but everything else sounds great.

To add to this:

• All wilderness bosses should drop PvP boxes in my opinion.
  • Instead of the Vecna Skull, have the Phoenix drop a Golden Feather. It's originally from the Eagles Peak quest but fits the Phoenix boss better, this can be sold to a general store for 4m.
  • The Vecna Skull could be a drop from Chaos Ele, which is more fitting as it's a magic boosting item. Having this boost your magic by 2 to 9 would be better, as currently an extreme magic potion takes your to 106 magic. Vecna shouldn't go higher than 108 without buffing extremes first.
  • Death should give QBD and KBD as tasks. Better rewards should be added for completing death tasks, especially if in a streak. 
  • Slayer store could do with a couple of new items to buy. 
  • More money for the PvP box artifacts
  • Revenants drops reinstated

I don't know if Fury wants this, but I would love to see this as the phoenix lair. A couple of phoenix eggs dotted around and it would be perfect

mbiyl3.jpg

Edited by Ryann

Exivel    36
9 hours ago, Ryann said:

The phoenix boss is a great suggestion. I think the level should be a little higher as it's a boss monster, but everything else sounds great.

To add to this:

• All wilderness bosses should drop PvP boxes in my opinion.
  • Instead of the Vecna Skull, have the Phoenix drop a Golden Feather. It's originally from the Eagles Peak quest but fits the Phoenix boss better, this can be sold to a general store for 4m.
  • The Vecna Skull could be a drop from Chaos Ele, which is more fitting as it's a magic boosting item. Having this boost your magic by 2 to 9 would be better, as currently an extreme magic potion takes your to 106 magic. Vecna shouldn't go higher than 108 without buffing extremes first.
  • Death should give QBD and KBD as tasks. Better rewards should be added for completing death tasks, especially if in a streak. 
  • Slayer store could do with a couple of new items to buy. 
  • More money for the PvP box artifacts
  • Revenants drops reinstated

I don't know if Fury wants this, but I would love to see this as the phoenix lair. A couple of phoenix eggs dotted around and it would be perfect

mbiyl3.jpg

Golden feather is a great idea. this does indeed mean you could add the Vecna skull to chaos elemental.
All wilderness bosses should indeed drop pvp boxes on a regular basis, the armour is too rare at the moment.

Great suggestions!

• Sad 1