Sign in to follow this  
Fury

Fury RSPS Relaunch - Click here to VOTE!

Fury Re-launch Polls  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you enjoy a custom feel to our pre-eoc RSPS, possibly new weapons, possibly new maps, and interesting new bosses.

• Yes I would love all aspects of a custom feel and new content it brings!
    • Yes I would like only Maps and nothing else it seems too much.
    • No I HATE CUSTOM ITEMS AND MAPS AND BOSSES!
  2. 2. Would you like us to focus on PvP even more? If so how do we make PvP better for you guys the users.

• Yes I love PvP and want it to be better on Fury
    • I don't really mind about PvP just want to get rid of those pesky PvP bots
    • PvP doesn't effect me, but if it brings more players and expands our community sure.
  3. 3. Would you guys be down for a Reset? A Rest on Levels, Or wealth, Or both. Or just wealth and keep levels? And if we reset wealth we would refund donations in that sense where you will get your full donation back in points/rank as long as you never opened a chargeback.

• Reset on just levels seems great
    • Reset on just wealth seems great
    • Reset on both Wealth and Levels is the way to go
    • Reset nothing keep everything as is

Fury    140

Well this is a long awaited thread, Fury was offline for more then 2 weeks now and I been wondering when should I make this thread. 

Me and the team are ready to work hard on Fury again and to listen to your suggestions. 

After one and a half years of working on Fury the burn-out happened and of course it closed, this time around we want to do things differently and prevent burn out and a toxic community and have more active staff.

For us this re-launch is key to bringing the Fury name back to what it once was. With possible new owners joining us and a fully re-worked staff team, we expect to make this launch big and juicy!

Now for us to re-launch we have to go over a lot of important things and fix/rework before we do. 

Our checklist is as follows

• >Fix lag forever
  • >Have the latest client fully updated and try to reduce cache size
  • >Remove bots from wilderness and add to a new small spot where you can practice and train vs the bots(won't count any bot for a player anymore)
  • >At that same area make a f2p pking zone
  • >Make PvP allow to set stats so instantly max them out 
  • >Make PvP more rewarding and actually set up events
  • >Look into making more Custom Maps, and start taking a Pre-EoC only approach with a custom feel with new maps, new areas to explore, and possibly new items if people want
  • >Plan is also to fix any remaining bugs or/and if there is a dupe, as people have found 
  • >This also includes removing any fake player count from the bots, since they will be moved there will only be 1 of each NPC to train on 
  • >We are still not taking an OSRS approach so sorry.

We plan on running on that checklist for the next re-launch as we feel its very important, but for us to continue and move forward we have a couple of questions that will be polled and if not polled please answer them in the format listed below on the thread.

Would you enjoy a custom feel to our pre-eoc RSPS, possibly new weapons, possibly new maps, and interesting new bosses.

Would you like us to focus on PvP even more? If so how do we make PvP better for you guys the users.

Would you guys be down for a Reset? A Rest on Levels, Or wealth, Or both. Or just wealth and keep levels? And if we reset wealth we would refund donations in that sense where you will get your full donation back in points/rank as long as you never opened a chargeback.

What do you think will be priority updates for when we re-launch or before re-launch. PvM/Bosses, Skilling content, PvP content. If you choose one please explain why?

What made you fall in love with Fury vs other RSPS out there, what made you choose Fury, if you answered all the other questions then please answer this last and final important one!

Thank you guys for reading and still being here. 

Lena    33

I don’t mind a full reset if I get my donor rank back. A relaunch are meant for a fresh start to the server, which also mean a fresh start for the players as well. In my opinion it won’t attract players if there already is players with banks worth bills already on Day 1. 

- Remove PK Bots. 

- Create an excluded area where it is possibilities for pking practice. 

- Add more PvM content/fix the bugs.

- If new bosses are possible in terms of coding, I would love to see it.

- More skilling content?/Fix the bugs.

- Living Rock Cavern has been bugged for ages. 

- New methods for skilling.

- A new way to obtain skilling points. 

- Optimize storage space to reduce server lag.

- Revamp drop tables for current PvM bosses.

- Increase/decrease the drop rates for some items.

- Keep pets, they’re cool. :)

debnox    0

Personally i am a PK fanatic, but due to the low amount of people like me it is hard to find somewhere with active wildy that is not an Oldschool remake.. loved Fury PS excited to see it come back.

Erix    0

Tbh i dont want a wealth reset atleast because im losing a lot then... the server is great actually, just needs some updates,bug fixes and a bit more of custom bosses and more things to do, for the few months that i played it was really fun and i put a lot of time into it so thats why id be sad if there was an item reset i have the feeling i wuold just quit because of an item reset...

Afterzun    0

Items/Stats should definitely be reset if you're "re-launching" the server and trying to attract new people. I agree with Lena, the most issue i had was the lag tbh.

Sanity    0

New things to do would be great. With pre eco you can only do so much without getting burned out.    I would be okay with a level reset.   I would also be okay with a level and wealth reset if we could somehow keep achievements.   Keeping donor would be great as well.  

not stats and no wealth reset

we put all our time to collect the items, rares etc

if wealth would be resetted its actualy was all our effort for nothing

Famezor    0

First post for me! :)

Although i only spent a month or so playing the server, i think we should do a complete reset. Refund the donors as previously stated (I'm not a donor, but believe it's fair).

I think what kept me on fury was

I really enjoyed the pk bots, because i'm not very good at pking and there was always someone to fight. 

There was a solid small but active and fun community. Afterzun and Erix were great.

I enjoyed all of the bosses. I also enjoyed the modes you could choose for your character. Just enough options without being overwhelmed. 

One thing i may suggest is that, upon creating a new account, automatically redirect to the forum registration page if possibe. I think a major role is going to be community activities. 

Thank you for this relaunch opportunity Fury. You've got a great server, we can make it boom again!

Regis    7

On the Custom Maps/Custom content:

I'd say you should add them as long as they fit with the feel and aesthetic of the server. The fact that the server is so similar to pre-eoc rs made using the wiki to find out stuff very handy.

PvP Changes:

Not the greatest pvper myself, but a more rewarding pvp environment might be a good idea to draw in new players.

Also, make it so there are skilling areas or rewarding bosses in wilderness, to bring the pvmers/skillers to risk areas where they might be attacked (Revenant caves comes to mind).

Levels/Wealth Reset:

I'm conflicted on stats/wealth reset. 

On one side there's a lot of people (myself included) who have a lot a of exp and bank and wouldn't like a reset of some levels or items such as 120 dungeoneering or an upgraded torva set and dom swords and bows)

On the other hand, if it  really needs to be reset for a better server then do it, there is potential fun in building back up.

This is a biased suggestion, but you could keep exp and give these options when someone logs in for the first time:

- Reset bank and get all donor points back (this is for you that made poor store choices or lost your donor store items)

- Get no donor points and keep only the items that are store exclusives such as inferno adze, dominion items, upgraded torva/pernix and maybe rares/rings).  (this is for you that worked in-game for those high tier donor items).

My reasoning:

The prior suggestion only keeps very rare expensive items that have very low liquidity and won't sell/be part of the economy until there is a player base big enough to produce wealth to move them around.

This also purges everything from barrows, GWD and NEX making those minigames/bosses useful and relevant again.

My Bias:

I have a full upgraded torva and dom swords/crossbow that I'd be sad to let go :(

Still, good luck with your work, Fury.

Ps. I'm still emerald donor in the forums lol

Erix    0

All I can say is that I love this server, one of my favourites. I wanna play here more with the friends I made because every one of them were like a family, might be a vague way of saying it, but truly everyone was kind,friendly and helpful. I really do want to get more involved with the server and see the it grow because it has smart things like nex drops for up to 5 people or corporeal beast for up to 3 people, I have not seen that anywhere,tradable pk point system is a great thing aswell it gives a sort of reward for the pkers because you cuold ussualy save up for items or sell them to players for a decent amount of coins, it was sad to see the last few days before the shut down, at that moment I was online a lot and I would see the few (3-4) players online the same ones in fact it was truly heart breaking to see the server dying after the time I spent playing on it with some very cool people who I still tried to hype up for the relaunch (even though I was out of hope at that time). So yeah, I do believe the server can be great if we had updates,bug fixes and some more activities to do.

Sorry for the long note for you guys.

Thank you for reading, I love you all.

Hope for the best!

Afterzun    0

+1 to Regis on some of the parts, i liked the idea of keeping the dominion stuff, I don't have any upgraded sets so that's out of the question for me, but i did have 2 dominion crossbows, also my tokkul ring.

Guest Big girl   
Guest Big girl

How about a partial reset? Basically clean out a certain percent of rarer items so the market isn't so flushed with them

Afterzun    0

Honestly even just a wealth reset with new content and everything would be fine with me.

Muse    28

You can consider me back, also don't mind helping out the process @Fury

I've been learning lots of things while I've been gone.

Muse.

adamr    25

I support the relaunch, reset in both levels and gold. Improvements on the donor zones etc would be good as well as refunding ranks so people don't lose out on money! 

Guest Sammy   
Guest Sammy

Hi Fury, Sammy here. Somehow I can't reach my forum account...

Make the XP-rates easier and don't copy everything exactly as it was in pre-EOC.

Since I am maxed on this server, I know the XP-struggle. No other server has this big of a grind, which is a big difference. The purpose of a server is that it is enjoyable to play, with faster loot and faster XP than the actual RS. Even tho I was playing on normal mode, I had to play for 2 hours straight to max out a single combat stat, if I am not mistaken. This takes too long in my opinion and unsatisfies the new players. For a server, I reckon that I can get 99 strength within half an hour, since new players want to start bossing asap. This way, they can get new and better items. 

Dont copy everything exactly as it was in pre-EOC.

With this I mean, for example:

- degradable armour (polypore degrading, ganodermic, barrows etc.)

- bossing being hard, and only with teams (almost impossible to do GWD alone, Nex, KBD, QBD)

This will demotivate new players, since they need grind even more. Only then they can kill a boss and since not much people are online, they cant team on bosses. This makes new players demotivated. 

- droprate 

PLEASE, change the droprate of the high-tier items. For example, I had to kill for maybe 5-7 hours straight to get a vine for my whip. If people want to grind their XP, they can choose the mode, but no new player wants to grind 5-7 hours for a single vine. This is a private server which must be fun to play and less of a grind than the actual RS. I'm not saying that it must be really easy to get a high tier item, but right now only people with torva, dominion can boss.

- Make the highscore cap at 200M xp and let the total level be the dominant factor. This will motivate new players. 

- Like Muse said, I can help wherever needed. 

- If youre giving the items back to players who have donated, whats the point of resetting bank/xp? This gives a big headstart for donators compared to normal players. It will take a long time to get the items for the new players compared to donators. I would suggest  to keep atleast the stats as they are now.

- remove the pk bots. I HATE them and everyone knows why.

Guest Big girl   
Guest Big girl
On 4/8/2019 at 9:38 AM, Guest Sammy said:

Hi Fury, Sammy here. Somehow I can't reach my forum account...

Make the XP-rates easier and don't copy everything exactly as it was in pre-EOC.

Since I am maxed on this server, I know the XP-struggle. No other server has this big of a grind, which is a big difference. The purpose of a server is that it is enjoyable to play, with faster loot and faster XP than the actual RS. Even tho I was playing on normal mode, I had to play for 2 hours straight to max out a single combat stat, if I am not mistaken. This takes too long in my opinion and unsatisfies the new players. For a server, I reckon that I can get 99 strength within half an hour, since new players want to start bossing asap. This way, they can get new and better items. 

This is more of a design flaw imo. The lack of enjoyable things at the beginning is the problem. Not the slow leveling. Grinding can be fun if you have something to do while doing it. There's tons of mmos that are "grindy" but still manage to have a grand player base due to the experience they provide. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this