Sign in to follow this  
Logan

Server Feedback

Logan    3

Hey guys!

Some of you probably don't even know who I am as I have really kind of laid low since joining the server, so for those of you who don't know me, HEY! I joined the server a couple of weeks ago and I really like it. Solid base, Coder who seems to be competent and able to do his job, active enough staff members and a solid 'clique' of main players (the wealthiest/most active 10 people who use the forums and often times donated to help get the server rolling). Now I have been playing for a couple of weeks and my thoughts have somewhat changed.

The active main players are less active than they were before, Staff members are rarely (if ever) online, with the exception of Fury and Urinalcake (who seems to be the most valuable non-owner to this server by the way).

Updates with any significance seem few and far between, even though that may not be the case, from the outside looking in that's how it looks. BUT I DO KNOW HOW TO FIX THAT ISSUE. You don't need to introduce a whole new skill in order to make a splash in the community and get them excited about something. Something like a ::trivia in the system, well of good will, weekly PKing event, some sort of XP gained event. With little easy additions like these you can easily have something to show for your time when you are spending a week working on fixing the Combat system, a couple days working on construction, or making some other sort of major update. It keeps people entertained and gives them something to look forward too.

With servers often times it's not getting people online it's keeping people online and that brings me back to the events. We had the Christmas event going on when I joined and yeah that's cool to see the snowflakes on the ground I guess but what was the point? Perhaps I joined a bit late to get the full breakdown on the event but it seems to have been wasted time. Events that require more hours played and more community interaction are the ways to keep players playing and new people playing for longer. PKing gets people talking in the clan chat, skilling gets people comparing stats/XP and skilling together. It is so far more likely to keep players on your server if they have made even 1 friends while playing that they can look forward to seeing next time they come online.

A question I often find myself wondering is how often are donations coming in and where are they going? I am familiar with the expenses of running/promoting a server and it seems as though the donations may not be being allocated in an efficient way. I ALMOST ALWAYS donate a sizeable amount of money to any server I have joined and actively played (35 hours in the past 10+ days) but I just can't seem to get myself to donate to a server that doesn't seem to want to move in the right direction.

Some things turning people away from staying on this server are:

- Incredibly inactive forums.

- Often times less than 10 players online (6 or 7 of which are AFK or not on at all)

- Nobody available to answer questions or help them out in the beginning.

- Terribly low drop rates

- Poorly priced donation items.

Now before I get someone jumping in and defending any of those points that I stated above allow me to defend my statements.

- The forums have less than 2 new topics per day since I joined. Anyone who clicks our links on advertisements will see that and see a dead server and often times move on to the next one.

- The 10 players online one is really not up for debate. I have played at any possible time of day/night and there is no question that there is often times less than 10 people online)

- With the lack of players that will mean that any new players that does decide to join the server after all will have no communication with other server members and have essentially no help getting stated.

- Drop rates are very low for a server that has not really established a large player base. these drop rates are something you would find in a server with 6-10 times the players online at all times.

- Donation items are just too expensive considering the player base. What is the point in having any of these items when no one is online anyway? (Having donation specials is a good way to bring in some quick revenue without permanently changing the price stated in the store)

CLARIFICATION: The drop rates/donation prices should have a positive correlation to the number of active players online. These prices/rates would be correct with a larger player base.  (https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/positive-correlation.asp)

Like I said at the beginning of my post I think that this server has several positives to it and is worth working on. If I didn't plan on staying here and donating to a server I have spent a lot of hours on lately I wouldn't be taking the time out of my night to make this lengthy post. There are a couple of you guys out there that have helped me get started on this server and answered questions that I have had and it's part of the reason I was able to stay. I just think that in order for more people to stay and remain active some things need to change. The tone of this was supposed to be positive, I'm attempting to bring up some conversation and get some opinions on this. I'd love to hear what other people have to say and hear some opinions on what I have said.

- Logan

• Like 1

Greg    113

Wow, thanks for the detail!

I'll address what I can, I'm sure Fury will say something if he's got anything else to add later on.

I'm not logged in too frequently except for bug checking and updates I leave that to the other guys, if you ever need me I can nearly always be found in the discord and I'm nearly always work on the server. In terms of updates, I was putting out almost daily updates prior to Christmas however as expected it slowed down around the holidays and then the start of January construction took up a lot of dev time, this really took a step out of our stride however as I'll address in today's update; the plan is to have an update every other day from here out.

The winter event looks like you missed, there was snowman hunting and a story line to go along with the snowflakes :)

In terms of donations, I'd guess 80% of everything goes towards advertisements, that includes paid youtuber videos, facebook ads, google ads, toplists and a few others.

Yes the drop rates do appear low and like you said are aimed for a larger player base, this is because the player base has dropped as of recent due to the lack of updates described above ^

Logan    3
5 minutes ago, Greg said:

Wow, thanks for the detail!

I'll address what I can, I'm sure Fury will say something if he's got anything else to add later on.

I'm not logged in too frequently except for bug checking and updates I leave that to the other guys, if you ever need me I can nearly always be found in the discord and I'm nearly always work on the server. In terms of updates, I was putting out almost daily updates prior to Christmas however as expected it slowed down around the holidays and then the start of January construction took up a lot of dev time, this really took a step out of our stride however as I'll address in today's update; the plan is to have an update every other day from here out.

The winter event looks like you missed, there was snowman hunting and a story line to go along with the snowflakes :)

In terms of donations, I'd guess 80% of everything goes towards advertisements, that includes paid youtuber videos, facebook ads, google ads, toplists and a few others.

Yes the drop rates do appear low and like you said are aimed for a larger player base, this is because the player base has dropped as of recent due to the lack of updates described above ^

Coders are like the cooks in a restaurant, the most important and least appreciated at times. I can tell you do some good work and know  what you're doing. Appreciate the reply and I hope everything picks back up here.

Fury    126
7 minutes ago, Logan said:

Coders are like the cooks in a restaurant, the most important and least appreciated at times. I can tell you do some good work and know  what you're doing. Appreciate the reply and I hope everything picks back up here.

Yeah we respect the feedback, we were already discussing most of the things said above and I agree with almost all the points made. We are in the process of fixing all of that and at the same time creating a huge ad budget for the coming weeks to see if we can go over 100 players. This server was made for a higher player count and thats very true, we want to be at the top and we are grinding our butts off to create a RSPS that belongs there. Not marketing some half assed server which people download and give up on. 

• Like 1

Logan    3
3 minutes ago, Fury said:

Yeah we respect the feedback, we were already discussing most of the things said above and I agree with almost all the points made. We are in the process of fixing all of that and at the same time creating a huge ad budget for the coming weeks to see if we can go over 100 players. This server was made for a higher player count and thats very true, we want to be at the top and we are grinding our butts off to create a RSPS that belongs there. Not marketing some half assed server which people download and give up on. 

Couldn't agree more on the marketing a half assed server, that is a waste of time. Glad everyone is kind of on the same page.

• Like 1

UrinalCake    14

Fury pretty much nailed it about the server in its current state. I can understand your opinions on the server feedback and know that Greg and Fury have already taken the feedback to heart. Just a few comments which stuck out to me:

-about few questions being answered, it is true and is a problem! Adding new helpers would be great to help new players start out. However I do not think it's the time for that yet as this server is too small at the current moment for new staff members. It will give new players the impression that this server is comprised of only staff members which would be rather offputting.

-about the drop rates, I believe that they are representative of the original game. As a heavy PvMer I enjoy the grind of bosses and I'm not a huge fan of easy drop rates. There are Extreme and Legend modes to increase the drop rates. Adjusting factors such as drop rates are really sensitive as it can throw the server in one direction or another (too easy or hard). At the end of the day, while I would like to see more drops I don't wish for an easyscape server.

While I'm not involved with many of the decisions made with marketing and development I do agree with the idea of marketable the server when it is in a better state. Let the voting system slowly do its own thing gathering some players who see potential in the server until it's in a truly amazing and marketing state, THEN start throwing out advertising. It would be much easier to attract new players with a kickass server.

However, this is all in due time. I know Greg and Fury are working their butts off to make this server the best that it can be by taking in player feedback regarding bugs and server improvements via both forums and discord. Until then, it's just a waiting game. I truly hope that this will flourish in the near future as I love this server and it would be a waste to let this server go down.

p.s. thanks for the shoutout :3 really appreciate it

Edited by UrinalCake
I clearly can't engrish

Logan    3
2 hours ago, UrinalCake said:

Fury pretty much nailed it about the server in its current state. I can understand your opinions on the server feedback and know that Greg and Fury have already taken the feedback to heart. Just a few comments which stuck out to me:

-about few questions being answered, it is true and is a problem! Adding new helpers would be great to help new players start out. However I do not think it's the time for that yet as this server is too small at the current moment for new staff members. It will give new players the impression that this server is comprised of only staff members which would be rather offputting.

-about the drop rates, I believe that they are representative of the original game. As a heavy PvMer I enjoy the grind of bosses and I'm not a huge fan of easy drop rates. There are Extreme and Legend modes to increase the drop rates. Adjusting factors such as drop rates are really sensitive as it can throw the server in one direction or another (too easy or hard). At the end of the day, while I would like to see more drops I don't wish for an easyscape server.

While I'm not involved with many of the decisions made with marketing and development I do agree with the idea of marketable the server when it is in a better state. Let the voting system slowly do its own thing gathering some players who see potential in the server until it's in a truly amazing and marketing state, THEN start throwing out advertising. It would be much easier to attract new players with a kickass server.

However, this is all in due time. I know Greg and Fury are working their butts off to make this server the best that it can be by taking in player feedback regarding bugs and server improvements via both forums and discord. Until then, it's just a waiting game. I truly hope that this will flourish in the near future as I love this server and it would be a waste to let this server go down.

p.s. thanks for the shoutout :3 really appreciate it

I guess my post at the end of the day is why is the player count going down just about every day. It's true that the drop rates and donator prices are probably good for the long run (assuming we get up to a higher and more consistent player count) I was mostly just stating that is why players are being turned away and not sticking around. Glad to get some feedback from ya man.

Fury    126
35 minutes ago, Logan said:

I guess my post at the end of the day is why is the player count going down just about every day. It's true that the drop rates and donator prices are probably good for the long run (assuming we get up to a higher and more consistent player count) I was mostly just stating that is why players are being turned away and not sticking around. Glad to get some feedback from ya man.

Drop rates are actually much easier then posted, and plus we have a RoW, donor benefits which give 1% DR-5% depending on rank and we have game modes up to legend which gives 10% increased

a 1/1000 drop would be 1/200-300 and with all the best DR increases its under 1/200 because of all the items on the drop table they have to balance its complicated